Youth Outreach United (Y.O.U.) is a non-profit youth organization, formed in 2003 by two leaders from a small church plant in Alpharetta, Georgia. This church was uniquely positioned to reach out to youth and the vision to equip and train students to evangelize their generation was born out of this venture. Ministry training and evangelism through Y.O.U. has now expanded from the city of Atlanta, GA to the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The significance of our calling has only become greater and because a large number of students do not attend church, Y.O.U. wants to help unite churches in reaching out to their communities and galvanizing students to proclaim the message of Jesus Christ to others where they live. Due to the efforts and support of united believers, Y.O.U. has had the blessing of seeing close to a thousand students engaged in ministry throughout each year since it began.
The heartbeat of Youth Outreach United is the development of young Christian leaders who are grounded in their faith and are willing to share the Good News of Jesus. This is being accomplished through our camps, events and collaborative ministry projects which enable Christian students and volunteers to be trained for service and be exposed to ministry as a vocation. Through a variety of ministry opportunities, they discover how to use their spiritual gifts and talents to make an impact for the Kingdom.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.